Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Go Diego Go! Go Iguana Go!


While trying to get through the first day of school chaos at our house this morning, I was sidetracked by the episode of Diego that the girls were watching. Kaelyn brought it to my attention as I was crossing the living room looking for Kate'e shoes. "Mom, look, the iguana is pooping strawberry seeds."

What? I stopped in my tracks and took a look at the TV. Sure enough, it did look like the iguana was pooping. But surely not! Getting out the door on time temporarily forgotten, I used the DVR to start the episode over to figure out what was going on. It appears that the Strawberry Festivale may have to be canceled as a strong wind has blown away all of the strawberry seeds. Diego to the rescue! His green iguana can eat strawberries and then take then to the field to be pooped out. Really. It was the strangest thing I have ever seen. I watched it over and over and then had to go wake Kevin up, get him out of bed and make him watch it. And then I had to come to work and Google it. Amazing.

My favorite part is when the iguana urges Diego to hurry as he "really has to go". The iguana does this little dance, and you can tell that if an iguana had butt cheeks he would be squeezing them, trying to keep those strawberry seeds in long enough to save the festivale. He looks so proud as he walks along the field rows, pooping out little piles of seeds. Then later, we get to see a picture of his intestines with the poop and seeds inside. And at the end of the show, the festivale is taking place and everyone is enjoying the scrumptious strawberries. Delicioso!

Must See TV at it's finest!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too strange. What is the rating on this movie, ha? Janice