Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Grade

My baby starts first grade tomorrow. Why does that seem so much older than kindergarten? She isn't too thrilled about it but I think she will be once she gets started. They have seventeen in their class this year. That's a lot of six-year-olds in one not very big room. We had to stop by her old kindergarten room while attending Open House last night to say hello to her teacher from last year. There are only six kids in kindergarten this year! So last year she had seventeen, this year six...what a difference!

So tomorrow we will get up early and take first day of school pictures in front of the tree in our front yard and I will walk my baby to school as I silently cry that another year of her childhood has passed.

Enjoy every minute of it sweet baby, it goes so fast.

Pictures to come.

0 comments: