Monday, May 04, 2009

TGIM!

After the longest week and weekend ever, I was so happy for Monday to come. Except that I couldn't get out bed for anything. I finally got up, and went upstairs to wake Kaelyn up, and she was sleeping so deeply, I couldn't bear to wake her. I let her and Kate both sleep in. I took them to school and daycare around 10 am so they didn't miss much. It was such a crazy week for all of us, it will take time to catch up.

The recital is over and everything went well. I have tons of pictures to share and will make everyone watch the DVD version when I get it. Highlights of the week included helping back stage for the dress rehersal. Imagine 25-30 little girls (they moved too fast to count!) and six mom's in a very small room for almost four hours. Not so much fun. Someone told the girls that there were bats in the theater so every time we went to go on stage, all the little ballerinas covered their heads and ran. I watched the performance from the audience on Saturday night. It was amazing how it all came together to create a show. I didn't have much hope on Tuesday. Kaelyn lost her tooth backstage Saturday night trying to open her water bottle. That was exciting. We took Kate on Sunday, and she didn't really appreciate the arts and wanted to spend the time going to the potty over and over again. I walked around with her and let Mom and Dad and Kevin watch the show. Afterwards, we went for a celebratory dinner at McDonalds. It was an experience, that's all I can say about that!

0 comments: