Friday, May 08, 2009

Lunch Date

I am so excited for my lunch date today. My dear friend Tisha is in mid-Missouri visiting her Mom and is going to drive over for lunch. Tisha and I became friends when she came to work at a home I was managing, back in 1997. As a manager, it's not a good idea to become friends with the people you supervise, but with Tisha, I just couldn't help it. She is one of the prettiest, sweetest, funniest, funnest people I have ever known. She can tell a story, in her southern accent, that will have you rolling on the floor laughing. She is kind and compassionate, the folks that we served just adored her.

Tisha and I are exactly one month apart in age. My birthday is May 29 and hers is June 29. We came from different areas, had different upbringings, but there was a common bond right from the start. I remember sitting up late into the night, talking and laughing and crying. She had my life story out of me within weeks of knowing me. If you know me at all, you know this is hard to do!

Tisha had to move back south in January 1999 and her move devastated me. This was before email and facebook made it so easy to keep in touch. We've seen each other a handful of times in the past ten years but Tisha is the kind of friend, that makes time irrelevent. We will greet each other today as if we had just seen each other a few days ago. And I can't wait!

1 comments:

SchauerPuff said...

Heather, you will never know how much I love and treasure our friendship. What an honor it is to be called your friend. I'm not sure I can live up to all that you have said here but I was so moved and flattered by your kind words. Our time together was so short and the 2 hours we spent in that restaurant seemed like 5 minutes. You are so precious to me and I wish we could see each other more. Maybe someday Brian and I will move to Missouri - what a wonderful thought. I loved our time that we were able to spend together; thank you so much for your time. I hope you have a wonderful day! I love you, Heather.