Monday, January 19, 2009

Precious Moments

I bought myself a fancy new digital video camera for Christmas. It's really nice and someday I may even figure out how to use all the features. When Kaelyn was born, we bought a video camera, but in five years, it was already outdated. I was missing out on Kate growing up, preserving all those precious moments. So in a moment of online shopping fury, I bought one of the Home Shopping Network.

But it's those little moments that occur when there's a camera no where near that you wish you could preserve. Like this morning. Kate and I had went upstairs to wake Kaelyn up. Kate, bossy as usual, was telling Kaelyn something. To emphasize her point, she added "Kaelyn Mae" with as much attitude as she could muster (which is a lot). I am still giggling. She was so not trying to be funny, but it was. I know, you had to be there. It's only been in the past few weeks that Kate has started calling Kaelyn "Kaelyn" and not "Kae Kae" much to Kaelyn's delight. It appears Kaelyn thinks she has outgrown being called "Kae Kae".

It's these moments, these little interactions, that make them so precious to me and make me want to freeze time right to this moment and not let them age another year or grow another inch.

0 comments: