Monday, October 20, 2008

Ni Hao!

So, we went to Furniture Factory Outlet yesterday (or is it Factory Furniture Outlet?) I can never remember. Anyway, the girls and I went there to get a twin bed frame for Kate. Yes, my almost three-year-old still sleeps in her crib. We were there for quite awhile, waiting for Kevin to get off of work and meet us. While there, the girls laid on every bed in the place and also sat on every couch. They were trying out all of the recliners when Kevin finally got there.

We were walking back across the store, and Kaelyn was a bit behind me. Three people walked past us but I didn't pay any attention to them UNTIL I heard Kaelyn say "Ni hao". I turned around, and yes, all three people appeard to be of Chinese descent making Ni hao, an appropriate greeting as it does mean hello in Chinese. All three people stopped and repeated Ni hao to Kaelyn and they laughed saying how cute she was. They were as surprised as I was! Kaelyn was pretty proud of herself. That's my girl!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

My son goes around speaking chinese and spanish (he loves Dora, Diego and Ni Hao Kai-lan) I am always afraid that people will think he is making fun of them for speaking another language!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!! Good job Kaelyn!