Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Big Girl Beds

I have been back to work for a month now and Kate is already potty trained...thanks to the baby sitter! She can also almost count to ten but that's another story. I had worked with Kate all summer and we made a lot of progress but she was still using diapers at night and sometimes during the day. If I let her go naked, she would go to the potty independently and come tell me when she was done but as soon as I put clothes on her, she would have an "accident". By the way, her nudist tendencies are going to follow her for years to come in our small town. She was seen naked on our front porch by neighbors too many times this summer, to their delight. I can't go places in town without hearing about it, so I know she will never outlive it. You're welcome Kate!

Anyway, she hasn't worn a diaper since last weekend when Kevin put her to bed, forgetting to put a diaper and pajamas on her. He did take her shoes off. When I went to get her from bed, she was still in panties and dry! She has been in panties ever since. But that posed a problem, as she was still sleeping in her crib. She would wake up in the night screaming for me, saying she had to potty. So, we got the new beds for the girls and so far she is doing great.

1 comments:

Leanne said...

I know you must be so excited! The beds are adorable. My son was 3 in March and he thinks you are suppose to pee off the front porch. He doesn't mind that there is lots of traffic going by!! Kids!