Friday, August 29, 2008

Refreshed

Although I am still pretty sure that I don't want to return to the work force quite yet, at least not full-time, I did have an awesome interview today. I interviewed with a small, grass roots agency that seems to be doing some really great things in the lives of the people they support. I interviewed with two women and we had several connections of people we knew and things in common, that we spent an hour and a half talking more than asking and answering questions. They shared their success stories and it made me feel so good. It was so refreshing to see an agency that wasn't trying to put airs or be something they weren't but were truly passionate about the work they do. In my last few years at Woodhaven, I had become disillusioned about some things, not that they don't provide awesome services, because they do, but due to more of the beauracratic side for lack of a better word. I know administration has it's place, but I have always felt it is important for everyone to stay focused on the mission and work toward a common goal. I didn't always feel that way. I had become so disillusioned that I have been considering other career paths despite my own passion for the work I did.

Anywho...I'm not sure what will happen but as I left that agency today, I thanked those two ladies for their committment and their passion because people with disabilites need those type of people. I think they need me too.

0 comments: