Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Day Two

Well, today didn't go exactly as planned but I did manage to get a few things accomplished.

One of my goals for this summer was to lose weight. Well, the summer's nearing the end, and I havn't lost a pound and probably gained a few. My scale is broke so I don't even know! My problem, besides my obsession with Key Lime Pie, has been that I really didn't have a plan.

So, yesterday I started Atkins Induction phase. This is a two-week phase where you drop your carb count to 20 grams a day. One slice of Key Lime Pie has 52 grams of carbs. You get the picture. Induction is hard, especially the first few days as your body adjusts and your blood levels regulate. I am wondering if my headache these past two days is related. But once you get through the first few days, you feel totally awesome, like totally! Your appetite is supressed and craving disappear. I have done really well the past two days. Last night, I kept telling myself that if I could do this for one day, I could do it for two days. Well, tonight, I can say if I can do this for two days, I can do it for four days.

0 comments: