Saturday, April 19, 2008

Little Princesses

I am back at work for another awake overnight. I just got fully recovered from Wednesday night!

I have been here for 2 1/2 hours and already gotten a good deal of work done. That's the silver lining, I guess.

Today was Kaelyn's birthday party. She chose a princess theme, but not Disney Princess. I found cute decorations on-line and worked from that. It all came out nice. We had the party at mom and dad's because our back yard is very muddy and quite frankly, I just haven't had time to clean inside the house! Actually I think Kevin and I are at a impasse over the house. We are both frustrated and tired and nothing seems to get done. At this point, I need to take a weeks vacation just to get the house picked up. It's that bad.

There isn't time for a vacation anytime in the near future.

But back to Kaelyn's party. It all went very well and we had seven little princesses and one little prince attend the party. I had bought foam tiaras for the kids to decorate and bought the little boy a visor instead. He chose to decorate up a tiara though. He looked pretty cute in it too! The funny part though is that when Kaelyn and I were making invitations and counting up how many we needed, I mentioned Tyler's name. He is one of Kaelyn's oldest and bestest friends so I knew he would be at the party. But when I mentioned his name, Kaelyn exclaimed, "But he isn't a princess!"

0 comments: