Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Belated Anniversary To Me (Us)

I have been so busy that the days and weeks are running together. I can't believe that it is only Monday! Of course, working on Saturday and Sunday makes "weekends" obsolete.

But...things are looking up and we have gotten a lot accomplished at the home where I have been spending much of my time. That's the important part, the paper work will wait.

Yesterday was my marriage anniversary. I say it that way because we also have a wedding anniversary. Six years ago, Kevin and I eloped to Las Vegas and tied the knot. It was the most spontaneous thing either of us have ever done. We are both pretty cautious and reserved. After we did it, we were both scared and decided not to tell anyone for awhile. Kevin left me in the hotel room and went down to the lobby for a cigarette. While he was gone, I started calling people and left messages with our big news. Kevin was back when the calls started pouring in. His eyes grew wider and he finally asked "how many people did you call?" Just my family and my Woodhaven family!

It's been a good six years and we have accomplished a lot. Kevin graduated with his Bachelor's degree in 2004. We will both graduate with our Master's degrees in a few weeks. We have two beautiful, funny, and intelligent daughters that light up our lives. We have jobs that we love "most days" and a warm and inviting home. Well, not so inviting at the moment but soon it will be again. As soon as Mom comes over to help me clean it. We may need a bulldozer.

I am hoping to get shifts covered and be able to go to St. Charles this weekend for a quick getaway. We need it.

And yes, I do expect present for BOTH of my anniversaries.

0 comments: