Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Mouser

"Now if I can just make a mouser out of him, I will really be happy."

The above thought from last night sure came back to haunt me today. Earlier this evening, Kaelyn, Kate and I were all piled up on the couch, watching TV. Kaelyn held Sam Henry close to her and I was petting him. A few minutes later, Kaelyn starts screaming something that I can't quite make out. I look over at her and she is waving something in the air, screaming "mouse!" She tosses it at me so I jump up, screaming, and knocking Kate off of the couch. I look down and the mouse is hanging on my sweater. I shake it off and it falls to the floor. The girls and I run to the dining room for safety. We look back and see that the mouse is still rolling around but it's bleeding. Kaelyn is screaming "kill it, kill it!" and Kate is just looking terrified and whimpering behind me. I tried to talk Kaelyn into picking it up and discarding it but she refused. She called my mom and told her we had a rat. Mom came over to save the day and although commenting that the mouse was just a baby, she did dispose of it for us.

So, what I can figure out is this: Sam Henry must have had the mouse in his mouth or regurgitated it. Somehow the mouse fell INTO Kaelyn's turtleneck shirt. She had mouse blood on her chest and all over the inside of her shirt. I have no idea how that happened. It was crazy. We all calmed down after that.

The moral of the story is be careful what you wish for.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather
I had to laugh at this story, you are such a good story teller. I could picture this whole event taking place. I HATE mice! Seeing a little mouse claw holding on to my sweater would send me over the edge. Glad yourmom saved the day.
Missy