Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Here Kitty Kitty

Last summer, I brought home two kittens for the girls that I had gotten free at a flea market. My mom hates cats so I never had them growing up and know next to nothing about them. One of the cats took to the litter box and the other didn't. I would place it in the box and it would run off, hide under my bed and poop there. Gross! By late summer, I had had enough and moved the cats outdoors. We made them a little house on the porch and kept feeding them.

Kate's cat (the good one) we named Sam Henry. For awhile he disappeared and we all missed him. And then one day, just a few minutes after Kaelyn mentioned how much she missed him, here he came strolling across the yard. It seems that our neighbors across the street had adopted him for a time and renamed him Bacon Bits.

Sam Henry/Bacon Bits was back to stay and spent the winter in the little cat bed that Kevin made. Earlier this week, we decided to try him back in the house as he is such a sweet kitty. I picked up a litter box today and he ed it twice! Is it sad that that was the highlight of my day!?!

The funniest part though is that Kaelyn picked up the phone and called my mom this morning and told her that Sam Henry was living in the house again. She informed her that is was alright because he wasn't the one who had been pooping in the house!

Now if I can just make a mouser out of him, I will really be happy.

0 comments: