Sunday, July 09, 2006

We're Home

Our mini-vacation was so nice. It felt strange to get in the car and head out of town without kids in the backseat though. However, I quickly got used to it! It was a five hour drive to Des Moines. Kevin drove the entire way and I had my head in a book the whole time.

We checked into the Holiday Inn Express, right across from Drake University. This was our first time seeing the university where we are working on our Master's Degrees. We were very impressed with the college.

We went to dinner at the Drake Diner, enjoyed a drink and a good meal. It was very relaxing and much needed after the week I had. After that, we went back to our hotel room. Kevin watched a movie while I finished my book.

We had class this morning. It seemed silly to drive ten hours for a half day of class. But class was interesting and attendance makes 50% of this class so we really didn't have a choice. We only have one class this summer, which has been very nice.

Back home this evening, and very happy to see the girls. I'm not sure they missed us as much as we missed them though! Thanks Grandma and Papa for the help!

0 comments: