Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Saturday/Sunday

We had a nice weekend. Saturday, I was still sick and wasn’t good for much. I laid down every chance I could. The rest must have helped as I woke up feeling much better on Sunday. I watched the movie Changeling Saturday night. I thought it was quite good. I am a big Angelina Jolie fan from way back. She was so, so good in Girl, Interrupted. She is an amazing actress and was terrific in the Changeling. I can definitely see what she was nominated for Best Actress for this role. Now I am curious to see Kate Winslet in The Reader to see how I would have voted if I were a member of the Academy. First I want to read The Reader again. I read it several years ago and remember it being good, but don’t remember much of the plot. But I digress…

Back to the Changeling. I felt about this movie much like I did about the Dark Knight. It is just too much angst for me. Probably the same reasons I rarely watch the news and I hate CSI, Cold Case and all the other crime shows. Give me a good Reality T.V. show any day! Except the Bachelor, which I am now officially boycotting.

Sunday, I had to get out of the house. I could not take another day at home with the girls. So we went to Going Bonkers for a few hours. It was fun and not too crowded. Kate is getting braver and tried a few new things. Kaelyn climbed all over the place, there is no fear in her. They had a fun new arcade game, Deal or No Deal, where the briefcases have differing numbers of tickets in them. Two hundred tickets is the big prize. I made it to the end where I made a deal for 120 tickets. Kevin won 100. I tried to teach the girls to Ski-Ball but they aren’t doing too well with it. Kevin and Kaelyn played a mean game of air hockey. It was fun!


2 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

(commenting on your comment from my blog, you need to turn on your email)I heard all about that at my first meeting last week! Diane looks great.

It was so good to see your mom today, too bad she wasn't coming to work! lol This is my most stressful month,all those IP's implement. So I'm not reading or blogging much. Do have a good one I got to post about later. Right now, I need to finish 4 months of staff meeting notes, opps! I always have them but suck about typing them up and getting them in!! hee hee

I only watched part of that movie. I read about the real story online and that was interesting. I do not like Angelina Manwhore, but you know Mike watched the movie. not sure if he knew what was being said though! lol

SchauerPuff said...

I love reading your blog! :)