Monday, October 27, 2008

Embarassing Moment #1

On my drive to work today, the radio station was asking people to call in and share the strangest thing they ever did to meet a person. It reminded me of something I did in my younger days, not to meet someone, but to try to get their attention. His name was Brian and he was my Physics lab partner, which meant that we were together three afternoons a week for an entire semester. Brian was the cutest, funniest guy I had met at the University of Nebraksa at Kearney. We had a great professional relationship, meaning I was better at Physics than him so I think he was using me for my brains.

I wanted so badly to ask him out but I was shy. So, one day I got the bright idea to drink a beer before I went to lab. Beer...courage in a can. I was hoping that it would relax me enough to start a real conversation with him. Our class started at 1 pm, so I drank a beer in the car before I headed in. We were listening to our professor give the days instructions, when Brian leaned over and whispered to me "Have you been drinking?" Yes, he could smell beer on me...at 1 pm in the afternoon!! Now the guy I was trying to impress, thought I was an afternoon alcholic. I was mortified and stumbled out an answer about having a beer with my lunch. Looking doubtful, Brian asked me what kind of beer I had drank. "Busch Light," I answered, the first beer that popped into my head.

Living in Mid-MIssouri, in close proximety to St. Louis and Anheuser Busch country, Busch Light was a common beverage but in Rural Nebraska, it was not common. I am not sure you could even purchase it there so my answer was not a good one. I didn't talk to Brian the rest of the class period.

There you have it, one of my most embarassing moments! I have another one, and oddly enough, it also includes Brian. But you'll have to wait until tomorrow for that story.

2 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

That is so funny. I laughed all thru this post. You should of had some vodka so he couldn't of smelled it!! lol

Scott said...

LOL!!! Too funny!