Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Galveston

I was just watching some of the news coverage of the damage and devastation caused by Hurricane Ike in Galveston, Texas this past weekend. Galveston is a special place to our family. As a child, Kevin spent a lot of time there at Stewart Beach with his family. He has many happy memories of that time. Every time we visit Kevin's parents in Houston, we always ask to go to Galveston to visit. This past summer we were able to spend three days there. We had the opportunity to do and see a lot and I took a lot of pictures. The city is (was?) filled with beautiful architecture and has such a charm. I want to share some more of the pictures I took:











Kevin and I are a little nervous...four years ago, after leaving Houston, we made a quick jaunt to New Orleans as I had never been there. After Katrina hit, we were so thankful that we had taken that opportunity to spend time in the Big Easy. Now this has happened in Galveston right after we visited. Kevin says we need to be careful visiting Gulf towns!

1 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

My parents are snow birds and spend time around this area every winter. Scary what happened.