Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sleep Over


Today was just a great day! Do you hear that sarcasm? You should because it's there. My niece and Kaelyn had a sleep over last night although they didn't do much sleeping. It took me forever and a million threats to finally get them to quiet down and go to sleep. And then they were up at the crack of dawn. Yes, 8 am is the crack of dawn! Can I please pay someone, anyone to get Kaelyn up and off to school every morning?? But I digress...and just totally lost my train of thought.

I think I was pointing out that I started the day out tired. I had one thing to do today, take Kaelyn to the doctor for shots. As I have previously mentioned, Kate has spend the majority of the summer naked. Just ask the neighbors, they'll tell you! And anyone else who will listen. Anyway, Kate no longer likes to get dressed or to have me help her with anything. Her favorite sentence at the moment is "I Do It!" said about everything. She kept grabbing her clothes out of my hand, yelling I do it and then throwing the clothes across the room. I let this go on for awhile before forcing her to get dressed. That was good for a really good tantrum. She was still screaming when we ran out of gas on the highway. Still screaming when some farm boys stopped and pushed us off the highway and onto a gravel road. And still screaming when Papa showed up with a gas can. I called the doctor's office to let them know we would be late and of course, had to reschedule so we wanted interfere with the doctor's schedule. I only want shots! I don't even need to see a doctor! They told me to try the health department so we have an appointment in the morning. Meantime, Kaelyn has fallen asleep as she is tired from her no-sleep over. Kate found an old Cheeto in the seat and that did quiet her down.

We got home from our canceled doctor's appointment and it was time to turn around to go to Back to School night at the school. Thankfully, Dad watched Kate as I don't think I could have handled her again on my own. She is a handful! Kaelyn got to see her classroom and put her school supplies away. There are going to be 17 kindergartners this year! That is HUGE for our school. Last year there were 9.

It was funny...I felt like I was back in school as there were about 10 parents there that I went to school with plus some of the teachers I had. Too funny!

And that was my day.

3 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

Love th butt sticking out of the jammies, reminds me of Aysha's.

Heather said...

Yea, I need to go get some school clothes for her today that won't have the problem. Wish me luck!

Kaelyn saw the picture and said "I have a butt crack!"

Scott said...

Sounds like you had a heck of a day....and night! *lol* I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has a little nudist running around the house. Jay's story is that he can't. I'll tell him to get dressed and he'll say,"I can't mommy! I can't" which really means I don't want to! *lol*