Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hump Day

Breckoma Lodge

This is where we will be staying for a long weekend, the weekend before Thanksgiving. It's located at Broken Bow Lake in Oklahoma. There will be 16 of us staying here for three nights! Kevin's mom and step-dad, his aunt and uncle, two of his cousins and their spouses and children, including a month old baby! They are wonderful people and fun to be around so I know it will be a great time.

Today is Day Nine of my new and improved lifesyle. Atkins Induction is usually for two weeks but I will do longer as I have so much I need to lose. I am very satisfied and feel strong, like I can do this forever, which is what I need to do. Have you ever felt like you have to make yourself eat? That is the way you feel on Atkins once you get past the first few days of carbohydrate withdrawl. I haven't been exercising but plan to begin after I take Kaelyn to school every day. That starts next Monday!

And I finally finished a strong rough draft of the project I was working on and got it turned in. For the first time, while working on the project, I started getting a little "homesick" for Woodhaven. Not that I want to go back to work...it was more a sadness for all the information and knowledge I had from being there for eleven years. I felt like all of that was sitting in my mind, just wasted. Oh well.

I need to get my college transcipts and up to the school to get my subsitute teaching license. That will be interesting and give me plenty of stories to share, I am sure! One already...I had emailed my friend Enola asking her a question about subsituting. She had spent a year doing subsitute work so is an expert! She emailed me back and told me "the one thing I can tell you, is to never teach kindergarten!" I emailed her back, saying it couldn't be that bad, I had a kindergartner! Enola emailed back and said, "You have one kindergartener! Try 30! Trust me!" Words of wisdom.

0 comments: