Sunday, August 03, 2008

Key Lime Pie

Did I name an earlier post that too??

I have been on a huge Key Lime Pie kick since our vacation. I had a slice for dessert while eating at Fisherman's Wharf in Galveston. It was so good that I have been trying to recreate it at home. I finally found a very, very good recipe and it is so simple. Here it is:

4 egg yolks, 2 cans of sweetend condensed milk and 1/2 cup of lime juice adn 1/2 cup of lemon juice. You can use fresh limes of course but I just used the bottled. Stir it all up and pour in a pie shell. Bake it at 375 for 25-30 minutes. Yum! I also added a few drops of green fool coloring to give it a nice lime color. I serve it plain...no merangue or whipped cream. Try it and tell me what you think! I have one in the over right now!

2 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

One of my staff told me that the other day about the pickles!! lol go figure!! lol Very odd name!

Scott said...

I'll have to give this a try. I can make a mean banana cream but I've never made a key lime.