Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Vacation Day Two

Saturday morning was the day of the Crews reunion. We went to the farm early and had a chance to visit a bit before everyone got there. As always, the food was delicious and I ate way too much. Kevin's Aunt Karen made a coconut cake that was to die for.

I had the opportunity to talk with some members of the other Crews family and that was interesting. Here are some pictures from our day:


Kaelyn visiting with Aunt Janice's dogs. This is Pookie, a cairn terrier who looks just like my Mocha did in his younger days. Cairn's are awesome dogs and I can't wait until I can add one to my terrier family.


Kate and I playing on the front porch.


Kaelyn taking a break from playing, sitting by her Great Grandma Crews.


Kevin looking up at the tree that came from his family's property in Montgomery, Texas. They brought the tree to the farm when it was small and now has grown this big.


The day was really nice, and the weather was perfect, not too hot and no rain!


We had to leave as we had a long trip ahead of us to Houston, Texas. The girls took a long nap, worn out from all the running at the farm. Kevin was tired too so I drove for awhile. Somehow I ended up driving through Dallas and scared Kevin! My knuckles were white from gripping the wheel for so long. I learned to drive in Prairie Home, you know! We made it to Christy and Eddie's (Kevin's mom and step-dad) by 10 pm that night.

1 comments:

LC said...

Karen's coconut pie is the absolute BEST ever!

Enjoying your trip blog.