Monday, June 30, 2008

Vacation Day One

For the first time in my life, I was ready to leave on our trip the night before. I had all the bags packed and sitting by the table, ready to be loaded in the car. I suppose I could have went a step further and loaded the car but I wouldn't want to spoil Kevin. I had to run Kaelyn up to get "the trims cut" off her hair so that slowed us down a few minutes. We were to be in Columbia by 10 am to pick up the rental car. We didn't quite make it but managed to head out of Columbia a little after 11. Our car was a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. It was a nice car but a little tight with all we were bringing with us plus the four of us. We squeezed in and made it okay.

We drove to Seminole, Oklahoma, arriving there around 7 pm. The girls were so good, watching movies and coloring in their color books. I actually got to read an entire book, The Shack, during the drive. I highly recommend this book and would pass on my copy to anyone interested in it. You can read about it here www.theshackbook.com

We first went to Kevin's Aunt Norma's home in Seminole. She had dinner waiting for us...Meatloaf, corn and the best twice-baked potatoes. I meant to write down the recipe and forgot so Norma if you read this, I want that recipe please! Norma has a beautiful home filled with her collections and cross-stitching. The girls did good looking and not touching.

After dinner, we drove out to the Crews farm. Kevin wanted to see his Aunt Karen, who he hadn't seen in years. His Aunt Janice, Aunt Reba and Uncle Fredore were also there as well as Grandma Crews. The Crews farm is so peaceful and I love sitting on the front porch of the home, looking out over the property. Reba and David keep the grounds immaculate.

After visiting, we returned to Norma's and had a good night's sleep.

We didn't take any pictures on the first day of our trip but here is one of the Crews farm:

0 comments: