Saturday, July 19, 2008

Madison County


I found my old copy of Bridges of Madison County on my bookshelf when we were painting our bedroom. I set it aside to read when I got the chance. Ever since our trip through Iowa in May, I have been wanting to reread this book.

I got the chance yesterday and read the entire book (it's a short book). I was again swept away in the romance and beauty of this book. It's such an amazing love story and this time, while reading, I could picture the places described in my head. Set near Winterset, Iowa, which is a charming little town. I would have loved to have had more time to explore. Now I am going to have to rent the DVD and rewatch that!

Here are a couple of the pictures we took while at Roseman Bridge in Madison County.

2 comments:

Scott said...

That is a book I haven't read. I'll have to give it a go!

Heather said...

It is totally worth it!