Thursday, June 12, 2008

Overheated

I did a really dumb thing today. I overslept until about 10:15a. With Kevin not off until 11pm, he doesn't get home until close to midnight. I have a hard time sleeping before he gets home. We seem to be sleeping in later and later, all of us, including the girls. I really wanted to get back to my walking today so I headed out at 11:20 am. I walked for 45 minutes down a gravel road near our house. It was a pleasant walk, and as I walked I listened to the Fly Lady podcast. Once I turned around and headed back, I realized that I was really getting tired and hot. I finally made it home and crashed on the bed. I looked at the thermometer we have, and it was almost 95 degrees! I was red from head to toe. I took a cool bath and drank a lot of water. I have a slight headache and some nausea but am feeling better. I also have diarrhea (too much information, I realize) so don't know if this is all from the heat or something else going on. I tend to get overheated easily so will stay inside for the rest of the day. I needed to get some groceries but the air conditioner isn't working in my car and I wasn't about to head in after this happened. I guess I am going to have to start training myself to get up earlier to walk when it is cooler out.

0 comments: