Sunday, June 08, 2008

The Crews Zoo

I have decided to really try to potty train Kate. So far today she has peed in the potty chair three times and pooped once in her training pants. Not too bad of a start! She's not coming to me and going, but will sit down when I ask her too, and offer her some candy. She'll sit there until she squeezes some urine out and gleefully claim her prize. So, I'm not sure if we are on the right track or not. There has been a few times when I have went into the bathroom and noticed urine in the potty chair that she just did herself. I would love to have her trained before our week long trip but that may be asking for too much. I just put her down for a nap in training pants and the little plastic cover thing. I am going to try to just use diapers at night.

In other news, we are puppy sitting all week. That is always a good time. One of the puppies is so cute. I have changed his name from "Hitler" to "The Poky Little Puppy". He is the laziest little thing. Whenever I can't find him, I know to go look in the laundry room and there he'll be curled up on the dirty clothes. It is definitely a zoo around here now, especially at food time with all four dogs vying for their bowl first. And Sam Henry, the cat, on top of the washer, meowing for his bowl. Add in the three birds, singing their songs of hunger and wowza! Welcome to the Crews Zoo!

1 comments:

Scott said...

We just recently potty trained Jay and it sounds like you're on the right track to me. We started by giving him a piece of candy when he went and that worked really well. He would tell me that he had gone potty and that he did a good job and ask for his candy. He eventually just started going and forgot about the candy part. We're about two month in and he's had a couple accidents but usually those were due to not being able to make it to a bathroom in time. If I had passed a cop the other day I'm sure I would have gotten a speeding ticket trying to make it to the gas station so he could go. *lol* Well, good luck! :)