Monday, May 19, 2008

Our Trip

I have to say it is so good to be home. I had looked foward to this trip for months, and it was a great one, but it is always good to be home. The trip home last night seemed to take forever. We were all tired and cranky and that made for much fun when there were five of us crammed in the car. But we made it.

The weekend...we picked up Christy at the airport Friday morning and headed north to Des Moines. We went off the beaten path and stopped by Madison County, Iowa. We drove through Winterset, and saw the birthplace of John Wayne. We laughed as we imagined John Wayne, staying in Iowa, and just being a regular local. We got directions and headed to see Roseman Bridge (above), the covered bridge that was the star of the movie "The Bridges of Madison County". It was very pretty out there and I was glad we stopped.



On Saturday, we went to Adventureland, an amusedment park east of Des Moines. It was the first time for Kaelyn and Kate going to an amusement park. Kaelyn loved it and Kate was a hand full. She was tired but it's really not a place for a two-year-old. She was actually very patient, riding in her stroller. Kaelyn rode rides all day and had the best time.

Graduation was Sunday. It went well. For some reason, they left me off of the commencement program and didn't have a seat for me. I had to sit in the very last row. But it all worked out and it is done. Now I just need to finish my internship to get my diploma and I am done!








0 comments: