Thursday, May 01, 2008

Happy May Day

Well, I guess May Day is officially over now but I was wondering if anyone celebrates May Day around here. We always did when we lived in Lincoln. We would decorate little "baskets" and fill them with candy. Then we would take them to our friends' homes and leave them on the doorstep, give a knock and run! It was so much fun. When I moved here, no one seemed to know what I was talking about.

I started painting the play room tonight. I used Posies for Pooh and Honey Pot Purple on one wall. On the main wall, I put one coat of Fairest of Them All and am going to put diamond shapes all over with Pretty in Pink. Kevin is going to use Bibbidi Bobbidi Blue to make a cloud ceiling. I have always wanted a cloud ceiling! Yes, I know...this room is for the girls but I can't help being excited about it! Not sure what to do with the other walls yet.

And my best news of all is that Christy, my mother-in-law, will be coming to visit us for six days. She will go to Des Moines with us for our graduation and then come stay with us for three days. Her positive nature is infectious and will be a good influence on me. She is also the best painter I have ever seen. When she was here for Christmas, we painted the dining room and living room. I hope to do our bedroom this visit.

0 comments: