Sunday, March 02, 2008

Quick Trip

I made a last minute decision to head out of town Friday afternooon. My cousin's daughter was getting married in Nebraska but I wasn't planning to attend. After the week I had, and knowing that Kevin was working twelve hour days on both Saturday and Sunday, I decided to pack up the girls and I and head out. I rented a car, to save miles and wear and tear on mine. We got a brand new, bright red Dodge Charger...sweet car! We headed out around 5 pm. It should have been a five hour drive. Notice I said should have been. I took the wrong interstate out of Kansas City, I-35 instead of I-29. It took me a long time to notice. A really long time. I went over two hours out of my way. The bad part is knowing how many times I have made this trip in my lifetime...more times than I can count.

We got to Greg and Tracy's at 12:30 am. I carried Kaelyn in and she went right back to sleep, but Kate thought it was time to play. I finally got her to sleep at 1:30 am. We all had to be up early as the wedding was at 11 am and about 40 minutes away from Lincoln. The wedding was simple and lovely although I spend all of it in the church basement trying to keep Kate quiet. A two-year-old with only six hours of sleep is not a happy toddler! The reception was held at a historic inn called the Wilber Hotel. It was nice to spend time with family and get my mind off of work.

On our way back to Tracy's, we picked up Runza's for dinner. Runza's are my absolute favorite fast food. They were originated in Lincoln, and there are restaurants in Nebraksa, Kansas and Iowa. I highly recommend them! Their french fries are awesome too.

We all got a good night's sleep last night and packed up to head out this morning. I miss having Kevin around when I have to load and unload the car. The trip was much quicker coming home, taking the right road helped.

It was good to get home, even to my very messy home. And yes, Sam Henry did leave another dead mouse right where he knew I would find it...in front of the computer!

0 comments: