Monday, April 19, 2010

Busy, Busy Birthday Weekend

Whew! This past weekend went by in a blur of activity. Saturday morning started bright and early with Kaelyn's softball practice. Kate came with me to play on the playground equipment so I had to keep my eye on her as well. Afterwards, we rushed home to get cleaned up for the PARTY! Kids were already coming and going from our house. Kaelyn's party was at Buck's Skating Rink in Boonville. She had a joint party with Colton and almost all of the first-graders made it to the party to help them celebrate. I wish I had been able to find my video camera cord because I surely would have been able to get footage for American's Funniest Videos with all those kids wiping out over and over again. It was almost painful to watch.

The party went quick but was a lot of fun. Thank you to everyone who came out to help us celebrate. Next, the four girls that rode with me decided they were thirsty. I took them to Sonic for a drink. They soon decided they were also hungry. We finally made it back home.

We invited Devan and Clairice to spend the night and to have a campout and cookout in the back yard. That was a lot of fun and the hamburgers, hot dogs and s'mores were enjoyed by all. Kevin got called into work about this time leaving me with all of this mess and the tent to put up by myself. I got it done though and they had fun playing in the tent. Around 9 pm, I mentioned getting ready for bed and they asked me if I was going to sleep in the tent with them. I laughed and said no way. The girls all had stricken looks on their faces so I suggested we pile the sleeping bags on the living room floor and camp out there with a movie on. This suggestion was met with glee so in we went. Of course a movie had to have popcorn and soda. I finally got them all to sleep by 11 pm.

I was planning on making pancakes for breakfast but decided to take them to the breakfast buffet in Boonville instead. I have never seen four little girls put away so much food. After breakfast, we parked downtown and walked across the Missouri River bridge and back. This is when my purse got stolen. I had to deal with that for the next few hours. We made it back to Prairie Home in time for Kate's first ever ball practice. She was so cute running around the bases!

After practice, we went to Mom and Dad's and had cake and ice cream and Kaelyn opened her birthday presents. The kids from next door came over and had some cake with her. I left the kids at their house and went on a run/walk and enjoyed the peace and quiet for a little while. Then back home to get ready for an early bedtime!

Pictures to come...

0 comments: