Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New Mindset

I am NOT on a diet. I am NOT exercising. What I AM, is in training for a 5K thanks to www.C25K.com. Doesn't that just sound better?

I haven't "ran", and I use that term very loosely, since high school track, more years ago than I care to remember. I didn't really enjoy it then. But I am enjoying it now. A friend asked last night if I felt any different yet. Physically, no, I don't feel different, except my knees are aching more. But mentally, I feel amazing. I am not a morning person but to have my workout done before 6:15 am in an amazing feeling. Watching the sunrise each day as I move my body is an amazing feeling. Reaching for a goal, challenging myself, making new routines...all amazing. You get the picture.

I feel my life changing. I have logged in fifteen workouts in June so far. I am watching less television. I am going to bed earlier. I feel more in control. These are all great things and I am feeling hopeful. I can do this!

I WILL do this!

1 comments:

SchauerPuff said...

SO proud of YOU!!!! Wish we lived closer...I'd try to go w/ you! Lord knows I need a new "mind-set", ha, ha.

Here's my address:

520 County Road 103
Walnut, MS 38683

Love you, Heaths