Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ballet Night


Good Golly Molly, it has already been a very looooonnnngggg week.

It's Ballet night and I am always exhausted on ballet night. I rush home from work, get the kids, fight with Kaelyn to get her to go to ballet, drop Kate off with Mom and Dad, drive back to town, sit through ballet, drive back home, pick up Kate, and try to get them to bed on time. I feel like I ran a marathon. Every Tuesday.

And that was one heck of a run-on sentence. Sorry about that.

Kate has been the best child about going to bed. Until she turned three. We've been having a few problems the past few weeks. It's like she finally realized that she is missing something when she heads upstairs to bed. She gets her blanket yelling, "I DO IT!" And then she must turn the light on herself again saying "I DO IT!" She climbs up the long flight of stairs, dragging her blankie behind her. I can't start up the stairs until she is at the top and she turns around and says "You turn". Once upstairs, she shuts the bedroom door, and rings the doorbell to their bedroom, and then knocks. She instructs me to knock, and then finally opens the door. She climbs into bed and I must cover her with her blanket. We kiss, hug and say "Wuv you". I go back downstairs and sit down for a moment, to take a breath.

And less than three minutes later, I hear her upstairs calling my name. I try to ignore her for a few minutes but she is persistant. I yell up at her, and she yells back that she has to potty. I tell her to come on down. She does, she potties. And then we have to do the entire routine again. The entire thing.

This is going on while Kaelyn sits in the living room, whining that she can't eat her cheetos without cartoons on. The DVR is recording The Biggest Loser and American Idol for me so I can't turn on cartoons, much to Kaelyn's dismay. She is going to starve to death as she keeps repeatedly crying and whining to me. Kaelyn is my drama queen. I love them dearly but they wear me out. Especially on ballet night.

Yes, I have grand illusions that I will someday have the time to watch American Idol and The Biggest Loser but I can dare to dream.


2 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

Aysha will not go to bed til 1am or later. I am not looking forward to next year trying to get her to bed early enough for school.

Heather said...

That was me and kaelyn. I dreaded school starting but it all fell into place.