Sunday, January 04, 2009

Back to Reality

I am so glad that school starts again tomorrow and we can get back on routine. It is so funny...last fall, I really dreaded school starting but now it's great. The girls do quite well in the mornings and we are used to getting up early and getting out the door. It's been a nice holiday break but we are ready for our lives back.

It was a fun weekend with my sister and family here from Nebraska. Good food, games, presents, laughs...it doesn't get any better than that! We had Kate's birthday party here on Saturday and it went well. On the way back to mom's, she fell on the step and scraped her knee. I got her bandaged up, and within thirty minutes she was sound asleep on the chair. We carried her in to the bed and she slept for several hours. I had to wake her up. This is pretty unheard of from Kate so she must have been tired. And then we realized that she hit her head when she fell too! We were a little concerned about concussion for awhile and called my nurse sister back to assess the situation. But all is well.

So, the tree is down, the house is clean and tomorrow is a new day. Finally!

0 comments: