Thursday, December 18, 2008

Strep Throat

Let's just say that it has been a long week. We had our CARF survey at work. For those of you not in the know, that is a big deal where people come to your agency every three years and check everything out. I have to say that this was a million times less stressful as an HR Coordinator than as a Program Manager. We came through it with flying colors and everyone is breathing a huge sigh of relief that it is over and done with for another three years.

So, along with that drama, Kaelyn starts feeling sick Sunday night. I had to be at work on Monday, no ifs and or buts and had to be there extra early. I took Kaelyn to Mom and Dad's and she went on the school at 8 am. At 3:15, I get a call from the sitter that Kaelyn is crying, saying her throat hurts and burning up. I head home to get her and as soon as we walk into the house, she is throwing up. This continued for the next five hours. The throwing up eneded but she ran a fever on and off through last night. I took her to the doctor this morning and yep, she has strep throat. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in fast.

During my hours at home this week, I did manage to get some stuff done and we may have a Christmas at our house after all. That is, if the expedited shipping I paid for from Toys R Us, J.C. Penney's, and the ebay folks pays off. I got my Christmas cards ordered and picked up. I haven't had time to take any Christmas shots yet so I had to use some unconventional pictures on the cards. I think they're cute and that is what counts!

0 comments: