Saturday, December 27, 2008

George Bailey


George Bailey came into my life ten Christmas's ago, on December 22, 1998. He's a wire-fox terrier (terror) that turned my life upside down. He was my best friend and now it doesn't look like he'll make it through the night. There is nothing I can do to help him, the vet thought it was likely that he had cancer. I opted to not have him biopsied because of his other problems: he is deaf, blind, and epileptic. Kevin said it best last night, "Despite humping stranger's legs, peeing and pooping on the floor, scratching all night in bed, scratching up the antique doors in our home, tearing down our mini blinds, despite all that, I liked the little guy." So did I and my heart is breaking.

3 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

I'm so sorry :(

SchauerPuff said...

Oh, Heather...that makes me so sad to hear about George Bailey. I guess I didn't know he was going down-hill. He's still just as cute as he ever was. I loved him.

Heather said...

Thanks Tisha! He went down hill really fast. He got hit by a car this spring and he just seemed to age so fast after that. He was only 10, which isn't that old for dogs. He was a good boy. He has you to thank for his dignified name.