Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Im Alive!

If you would have asked me yesterday, I wouldn't have been so sure. Not only that but I wasn't sure that I wanted to be alive.

It all started Sunday night. I put Kate to bed and a few hours later, she was fussing and crying. I went upstairs and laid down with her to get her to back to sleep. A few hours later, she was crying again. We changed beds and went back to sleep. This went on all night, until around 5 am when I noticed a strange smell coming from Kate. I checked her panties and yep, she had sharted (my word for the day, thanks to Bambi!) But the next morning she seemed fine so I took her to the sitter and went to work (Sitters, don't you just love parents like me?). That evening, the sitter commented that she hadn't wanted to eat but that was all. She looked and acted fine all evening and went to bed good.

So during the night, I wake up fussing and crying. Really I did. Ask Kevin, he'll tell you. My stomach was hurting so badly, I was trying to figure out what organ needed taken out. I toughed it out until 4 am when I had to use the bathroom. It's a long walk from our bedroom to our bathroom. I had never noticed how far it was before. But I almost made it. I threw up all over the bathroom floor.

So I stayed home from work, basically comotose on the couch all day. I feel better today but still achy and kind of dizzy. But I am alive, and that is better than the alternative.

1 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

I just had a call in, it is starting here:( Well, guess I get out of monthlies!

Hope your feeling better.