Saturday, November 15, 2008

Extreme Home Makeover

It has always been my dream to purchase an old fixer upper home, the bigger the better. I just love old homes. Our home was build in the early 1900's. The previous owners did a lot of work remodeling it and updating it. When we bought it almost four years ago, we immediately fell in love with it. It was an old home, but was like new inside. Slowly, we have added our personal touches here and there. The entire house was all white walls and now they are all differenrt colors. We tore up the gold carpet in the third bedroom upstairs when we found out Kate was coming. We refinised the hard woor floors that were beneath the carpet. This summer we started tearing up the carpet on the main floor. We refinished the master bedroom floor and the foyer. In September, we started on the rest of the rooms...the living room the dining room and the office/laundry room.

Which brings me to today...whose idea was this anyway????

I have been on my hands and knees all day trying to get this stuff up off of the floor so we can get it sanded and varnished before I want to decorate for the holidays. And it still looks like this...

Big Sigh!
...

1 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

You are so funny, I would give anything for a home to fix up again. I used to own a lovely little fixer upper. I hated it, until I saw the perfect hardwood floors (that were one inch thick) under the carpet.