Saturday, October 11, 2008

Weekly Recap

We've had a quiet day and that's been nice. It's been so busy the past few weeks as we've acclimated back to me being gone during the day. And some nights. I do really, really like my job. The people are amazing and I am learning a lot. I took the job mainly for the experience, so I am glad that it is appearing like it will be a good one.

I go next week to the lake for a conference. The brochure showed some interesting sessions so I am looking forward to that. A bunch of us went last year and had a good time but I don't think any of my old co-workers are going this year.

Then next month I am scheduled to go to Kansas City for a four-day conference. I am not looking forward to the conference as much as I am looking forward to staying with Enola those days. I miss my friend!

Kaelyn and Kate are doing great. Kaelyn loves school and hasn't missed a day yet. Kevin and I went with her to her classroom on Friday morning for Pastries for Parents. The afore mentioned pastries were glazed donuts. I guess Donuts for Parents doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well. Anyway...we spent time in her classroom seeing the different reading centers they use. She got another perfect progress note this week. I just asked her why she was so good at school and not so good at home and she answered, "because I don't want to go to the principal's office." That's logical!

1 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

I remember Derby Ridge used to have those.

I'm being featured on SITS today. Woo Hoo! Heather(of SITS) emailed and asked me a week ago if I wanted to be featured today. Perfect since I have Monday and tuesday off! Now to go write up my post :)