Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Better Late Than Never...80's Day

Photobucket
I am going to have to get out my old box of photos so I can join in the fun of 80's Day! Although I don't remember looking anywhere near as goofy as some people did during the 80's (not you Gayla, you looked totally rad!)

Here they are, in all my glory!

This is circa 1987. My hair wasn't too big yet and was still it's natural color but I was working that banana clip! And the must have footwear...KEDS!


My cousin and I before the big Christmas Dance. Don't you just love mint green and pink together? We must have, since we were both wearing ths same colors. You can't see it in this picture, but I had pink tights on and mint green heels. Really I did.

The same cousin and I, this time before the Freshman dance. Don't you love the preppy collar on my dress?

A few years later...wearing my Guess sweatshirt. With Shorts.

The hair was much bigger here, around 1988. And it had gotten much lighter. I used Peroxide on it. And lots of Aqua Net hairspray. Remember how the bathroom counters would be coated with the stuff?

I am almost too embarassed to share this picture...almost. But I loved that coat, loved it! Kaelyn just saw this and asked if I was going to a Disco Ball! Wrong era, Sweetie!

Okay, I have to admit I had to share this one, not for the 80's look but because my legs looked that good.

5 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

Thanks! I ain't posting my ugly pictures, well not many of them.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Yes, we want pictures!!!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Ok you have to post pictures now! LOL -- I posted one -- I wouldn't dare post some of the other ones --LOL

Hugs

Natalia said...

I loved those pointy 80's shoes in every color to match your outfit!

Great pics :)

WheresMyAngels said...

Ok, I swear I had a jacket like that one and yes, I also worn pink with mint green and also bright yellow. They were the preppy colors ya know.

I love that white preppy dress, I think today it would still be a go.

Everyone had a GUESS sweatshirt didn't they. Although I think mine was a fake! lol

thanks for playing!