Thursday, October 02, 2008

Moving On Up!

I have officially made it!

I have went to school for the past three and one half years to become an administrator. There is a big difference between a manager and an administrator. I am happy to say that in my new job I am part of the administrative team. They are a small agency, but hey, I have never had a problem being a big fish in a small pond. Today I was talking to another new employee who has a very difficult job. I should know because it is very similar to the high-stress position I held for the past ten years. She supervises residential employees and she told me that they were upset that I was hired and did not understand why the agency needed me. Well, not ME exactly, but someone in my position. I laughed and realized that I had finally become an administrator...not only do employees not understand what I do, but I have sat around for two weeks saying I have nothing to do!

(I am starting to have work to do now!)

1 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

Congrats on your job! How funny it is the way we all react to things like this.

Now I have to catch up on all the stuff your mom told me today. Can't believe you hurt your back, that has to be awful!