Saturday, October 25, 2008

Criss Cross Applesauce

I just googled Criss Cross Applesauce to see what the words to the rhyme were. Come to find out, my version is way off. This is how I learned it and have taught to Kaelyn:

Criss Cross Applesauce
Spiders running up
Spiders running down
Spiders running all around
Crack an egg
Yolks running up
Yolks running down
Yolks running all around
Cool breeze
Tight Squeeze
Now you got the chillies!

It is also the term they use in school to get children to sit cross-legged or Indian style. They sit criss cross applesauce, spoons in your bowl! This means you clasp your hands and put them in your lap!

So, share with me. How did you learn this?

2 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

Well just now, cause I have NEVER heard that before! I got a Mr Linky up on my 80's post so you can sign up with your link. Just make sure you put in your home page link. for some reason many times another link will be in there.

Scott said...

I'm with Gayla on this one. I've never heard this before. :-/