Thursday, September 04, 2008

Yada Yada Yada

It's been a really good week, albeit a fast one with the holiday on Monday. Kaelyn is going to bed so good. At 8 pm, we crawl into my bed and read five books that she has picked out. When there are done, it is lights out. I lay with her as long as she is quiet. She's been to sleep by 8:45 every night this week. I am really proud and so happy that our new routine is going so well. I can't believe another week is by us.

The kindergartners take turns bringing the afternoon snack. Kaelyn wanted to bring fruit roll-ups so I bought two boxes of them today. Of course, Kaelyn and Kate broke into them (when will I ever learn?) so I had to supplement with Kate's fruit snacks to make sure we have enough. While Kaelyn and I were discussing this, she exclaims "Do you know what Jamie brought for snack today?" I shook my head no. "Ice cream!!! We had chocolate and strawberry and it was so delicious!" That's a hard act to follow. MY fruit roll-ups just don't seem quite as impressive.

And tomorrow night is girls night at the lake. My friends have rented a condo at Tan-Tar-A for the weekend. I can only get away for one night but plan to make the most of it. I have the best friends...we just laugh and laugh when we are together. Big thanks to my sister Kellie for watching the girls so I can go.

0 comments: