Thursday, July 03, 2008

Vacation Day Five

Tuesday morning, we woke to heavy rain clouds over the gulf. Rain was not on our agenda for our vacation! Christy had run to Walmart for donuts and our favorite coffee, Cinnamon Swirl with Cinnamom Vanilla creamer. I think the only time I drink coffee is with her!

We sat on the balcony and watched the clouds and the waves and drank our coffee. We discussed how to plan our day while Kevin slept in.

Here are some pictures we took that morning



We decided to go look around Galveston's various historic disctricts and the Strand and hope that they rain would pass by afternoon so we could swim. We pulled Kevin out of bed and headed out. The girls only wanted to swim so we had to pacify them with descriptions of the hermit crabs they wanted to buy.

Here we are in front of one of the best Souvenir shops I have ever been to

Kevin and Kaelyn walking down the Seawall. This boulevard and walk-way runs the entire length of Galveston Island. It is so pretty to drive it and walk it.

Another view from the Seawall

Galveston is gorgeous. Of course, I am a sucker for historical homes and great architecture so this was right up my ally. Here are only a few of the pictures I took while touring the Island. Special thanks to Eddie for driving around and getting out in the rain so I could see the giant homes.




The Bishop's Palace






Let's see, what else did we do? We had lunch at a place called Yada's, rode the trolley, shopped the Strand, went to a few antique stores. The girls were really patient and on their best behavior. Christy's knee was hurting her so I really appreciate that she made the trip with us. Later I went to Galveston Bookstore and bought some books on the history of the Island. Fascinating!




By this time, the clouds had mostly passed and the girls were more than ready to SWIM!

The day ended with a trip to Ben and Jerry's for ice cream and then Kaelyn and I took a late night walk on the beach. Whew! No wonder I was tired!


2 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

Looks like a great time you all are having. I can't wait til the 21rst, we are vacationing in the Colorado mountains.

Scott said...

It looks and sounds like you all had a really good time! I love the pics! Your girls are such dolls!

The old homes are really neat. There is this awesome house around the corner from our home. One of these days I'm going to take some pics and post a blog about it.