Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dark Knight

Kevin and I saw Dark Knight yesterday afternoon. It was a good movie, maybe even a great movie. The special effects were awesome. The story was good. The acting was very good. And yes, Heath Ledger definitely deserves a posthumous Oscar for his performance as the Joker. But I didn't enjoy the movie. Maybe I am just getting old or maybe this type of movie isn't my cup of tea. But I was ready to walk out of the movie thirty minutes into it. It was so dark...there wasn't anything light about it. It wasn't relaxing to me. Now I realize that not all movies are made to be relaxing, that some are to be thought provoking or educational or just plain funny. But I found this one almost disturbing with it's darkness. It's like there was no HOPE in it at all. I felt the same way with the last movie we saw, I Am Legend. Again, a great movie but it scared the beejezus out of me. I guess I am just a romantic comedy type of girl!

0 comments: