Sunday, March 09, 2008

Date Night

Mom and Dad agreed to take the girls last night so Kevin and I could have a date night. The stipulation was they would take them around 7 pm, otherwise known as Kate's bedtime. We were planning on dinner and a late movie. We even agreed on a movie that we both wanted to see, The Jumper. By the time we got them over to mom's and settled in, and back in the car, Kevin turned to me and asked if I just wanted to head home. I said "No way!" We had a sitter and we were going out. Kevin reluctantly (but quietly) agreed, and headed for Columbia. We made it about four miles when I started yawning. I looked at Kevin, and asked "how about we just go to Wal-Mart, get some popcorn and soda and go home and watch a movie?" He readily agreed. And that is exactly what we did. We laid on the couch and watched the first Pirates of the Caribbean. I had bought the trilogy for Kevin for his birthday and we hadn't even opened it yet. It was a great movie and a relaxing evening...just what we both needed!

0 comments: