Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Holidays

Whew! I am glad that they holidays are over. We had an amazing Thanksgiving and Christmas but I am exhausted. I was never so happy to go back to work yesterday. Then, this morning, both girls have colds so we stayed home. I am taking them to the doctor tomorrow. Kate has her one-year appointment and I think I'll sneak Kaelyn in just to make sure she isn't getting an ear infection.

I have a lot of plans for this upcoming year and journaling more is one of them. It does help me to pause and reflect at the end of the day.

I am also trying to get organized. I have been getting the www.flylady.com emails for the past few years but haven't stuck with it. One of my major goals this year (okay, a resolution) is to follow her guidelines. She teaches you how to declutter your home and life and I sure need that! I ordered three books online that go alone with her principles...one for Body Clutter, one for the home and another for cooking meals. I can't wait to get them.

Of course, I am resolving to lose weight this year but haven't gotten off to a very good start. I need a plan and I have been giving that some thought. I still belong to Gold's Gym so I need to sit down with my planner and write down when I will go and stick to it! I know exercise is such an essential part of a healthy lifestyle.

I bought some craft/office organizers today for my office space. I can't wait to get them up. I think we are going to redo the backroom into a play space for the girls so that will be nice. Maybe not a play space but a place to keep toys. All in all, some good goals.

I hope everyone had wonderful holidays. I will post pictures soon.

0 comments: