Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sixteen Hour Days

Kevin just called. He calls every night when he gets off work. We talked for maybe four minutes, when he says that he needs to get off because he has to get up at 5 am. I HAVE been up since 5 am (well 6:20) when Kate decided to start her day, and I have been going strong ever since. I don't get to go to bed when I choose because the girls are still awake. I don't think he gets that.

When Kaelyn was a baby, we had a rent-free apartement in the basement of one of my work homes. The bedroom area was one long room. When up in the middle of the night, feeding Kaelyn, I was about fifteen feet from Kevin, sleeping soundly in our bed. Call it Post-Partum depression or whatever, but many a night, I just imagined myself pegging him in the head with any object within my reach.

That's the way I feel when he says that he has to get some rest. Yea, so do I!!! Now to be fair to him, he has worked three twelve hour days in a row. He will work from 6 am until 8 am, drive two hours home, and then have the girls for the rest of the day. But, I have also been busy since the wee hours of the morning. If he does twelve hour days, I am doing sixteen.

If you happen to read this Kevin, please ignore the above griping. You are a wonderful partner and I am blessed to have the support I do.

0 comments: