Thursday, July 20, 2006

Worst Week Ever

Guess who's having the worst week ever...yep, that's right, it's me!

Trying to do a good deed, I did an overnight Monday night for a friend with a toothache. Now doing an overnight when I was single, wasn't a big deal. As a mother of two, much bigger deal. I have to pack clothes for all of us, blankets, pillows, baby travel bed, toys, books, you name it...I hualed it in that night. And while hauling, I forgot to lock up my car.

The next morning, I was getting ready for work when one of my employees asked me where my car was. With a smile, I told her it was outside, thinking she was playing a joke on me. She wasn't. My car had been STOLEN! If you know me, you know I practically live out of my car and it is full of stuff. Valuable stuff like a Camcorder, a DVD player, a bag of DVD's and toys for Kaelyn, carseats, my purse and most importantly my planner. The car was recovered a few hours later, with all of the above missing from it.

I do have a lot to be thankful for. They left my dirver's license, debit card, my IRS refund check that I had JUST received that day. But I have to admit I am pretty lost without my planner.

They also drove the tire completely off my front passenger wheel. The officer had warned me that the car had been wrecked so I was expecting the worst. It was better than I was expecting, but still unbelievable. The tire is in shreds! They must have hit something and just kept on going, for a long time. People are crazy.

The worst part is that I can't get a new wheel for the car until Friday and we were to leave on vacation this morning. So here I sit, not on vacation. No car, no carseats, and a $500 deductible. My camcorder was receovered with the "suspect" later that night, so another think to be thankful for. I am thankful, but I'd be a lot more so, if I were on my way starting my vacation right about now.

1 comments:

StaceyG said...

Oh man! Talk about "Darn the bad luck!" Hopefully you got your wheel on yesterday and are now either on your way on already on your vacation.