Thursday, June 15, 2006

Boring life?


Kevin made a comment today that our lives were boring. I replied that I didn't have time to be bored. I think our life is anything but...

I was thrilled to have Kevin home from St. Louis. He came to the office and we went to Ruby Tuesday's for lunch. We laughed and laughed at stupid stuff, and had a great time. He then went on home to mow the lawn. I worked awhile longer then picked up the kids. I was watching a friend's son, Tyler tonight, so had all three kids in the car with me. Kaelyn was exhausted from not sleeping much the night before.

We walked over to Mom and Dad's and Kevin helped hand their new screen door. It was a beautiful evening. Kaelyn and Tyler ran around, played, got dirty and had a great time. Kate sat in her stroller, content to watch all of the activity around her.

We came home, and the kids played some more on the swingset. Kaelyn never fails to thank us "thanks mom and dad for buying us this swingset" every time she plays on it. It is so cute. I watered the flowers and let the kids run through the hose. Had a late dinner, put on jammies and relaxed on the couches, watching Shrek 2. Everyone is fast asleep now, except me.

Boring? Maybe, but I was too busy enjoying every minute to be bored. As I have gotten older, I crave simplicity in my life. It's the little things that mean so much and I cherish every minute with my family. Watching fireflies at dusk and sitting on the front porch swing with my husband. Thank you God for these blessings.

0 comments: